All homes are not created equal, and a Greenmark home sets itself apart from other homes by its attention to detail and insistence on quality workmanship and materials at every stage of construction.
When comparing a Greenmark home with a home built by another builder, it helps to compare the many features and benefits that go into every Greenmark home.
- All specifications meet or exceed the national and provincial building codes
- Greenmark homes are sold with a one-year comprehensive Builder’s Warranty covering defects in materials and workmanship
- Registered builder with the Ontario New Home Warranty Program (TARION)
- Member of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and Group 20 Chairman
- Member of the Ottawa-Carleton (OCHBA), Canada (CHBA) and Ontario (OHBA) Home Builders Associations
- Registered Ontario Energy Star Builder (OES)
Elegant interior details
It’s the little things that make a difference in a Greenmark home. Interior trim, moldings, railings and balusters, built-in areas that create a focal point, these are the things that add character and charm to interior spaces. Features include:
- 9 foot main floor ceilings
- Decorative trim throughout
- Hinged swing doors at closets as per drawing
- Choice of contemporary interior door hardware
- Solid oak handrails and banisters with solid oak spindles
- Sprayed textured ceilings throughout (except in kitchen, laundry room, and bathrooms)
- Oak mantle with marble tile surround and hearth at fireplace
- Standard ceramic tile flooring in kitchen-eating area, laundry, all baths and entry.
- 100% nylon 36 oz. carpet with wear-dated warranty
- Quality high density 9mm underpad
- Hardwood flooring in living and dining rooms
- French door to study where applicable
- Exterior walls: 2" x 6" studs on 16" centers. 7/16" oriented strand board (OSB) sheathing.
- Subfloor: 3/4" T&G plywood subfloor on first floor, 5/8" oriented strand board on second floor, nailed, sanded and screwed for greater strength and rigidity
The Greenmark difference begins with the design of the house itself. Using traditional styles such as Craftsman and Colonial, Greenmark creates a streetscape you can instantly fall in love with, and enjoy with pride each time you return home. The beautiful interiors are designed to be efficient and functional, with spaces designed for the way you and your family live today.
Low Maintenance Exteriors for Years of Worry-Free Living
A home’s not much fun if you spend all your time and energy keeping it up. Greenmark homes are designed for low-maintenance and years of worry-free living.
- Clay brick exterior (as per building plans)
- Maintenance free vinyl siding
- Maintenance free aluminum soffits and fascia.
- Maintenance free all vinyl casement and slider windows
- Twenty-five year textured self-sealing asphalt roof shingles
Feel like pampering yourself? Just relax in the luxury and privacy of your bath and let the worries of the world wash away.
- Ceramic tile around bath and showers with decorative border and inserts.
- Dens Shield waterproof membrane behind ceramic wall tile.
- Ceramic wall mount soap dishes, paper holders and towel bars
- Vanity size mirrors
- Valence lighting above mirrors
- Single lever faucets
- Scald guard water valves in shower head faucets
- High capacity exhaust fan, vented to outside
Kitchens today are far more than a space for preparing meals and doing dishes. They are often the social centre of the home. Greenmark kitchens are designed as open, efficient spaces, with easy access to family and dining rooms. They’re great spaces for easy entertaining and family interaction.
- Microwave shelf
- Post-formed Formica countertops
- Double stainless steel sink
- Single lever faucet with vegetable spray
Energy efficiency for your comfort and savings
The cost of energy has risen in the past few years. Every Greenmark home is designed to provide the maximum comfort year round, while saving you money on your energy bill.
- High efficiency forced air natural gas furnace with fresh air intake
- Ducting system in place for future air conditioning
- High efficiency hot water heater (rental)
- All windows and doors fully caulked at contact points
- Exterior wall: 2" x 6" walls with R-22 batt insulation.
- Ceilings: R-50 blown fiberglass insulation at roof
- Basement: R-20 to basement slab
Finished Landscaping so You Feel at Home as Soon as You Move In
A home should relate to its site and the landscape around it. By including landscaping, natural lighting and indoor-outdoor living areas such as solariums, decks and covered entrances as an integral part of every plan, Greenmark expands the scope and liveability of the home -- bringing the aroma, light and beauty of nature inside. Features include:
- Decks and solariums as per floor plan to extend your living space outdoors
- 400 yards of sod
- Photo electric sensor lawn lamp in front lawn
- Precast slab walkway
Wired for the Future
To provide light, communication, and power where you need it, every Greenmark home comes with the following wiring:
- 100 amp electrical service with 32 circuit breaker panel
- Copper wiring throughout, with heavy duty cable and outlets for stove and dryer. Dryer vented to outside.
- Ceiling light fixtures in all bedrooms, family room, study, eating area, kitchen work area, and above the kitchen sink. Dining room ceiling outlet is capped.
- Smoke detectors on all levels
- Exterior light fixtures at exterior doors.
- Rough-in for five Category 5 internet, 5 telephones and three RG6 cable outlets
- Rough-in for central vacuum system
- High capacity exhaust fan over stove area - vented to exterior
- Separate circuits for small appliances, refrigerator, and microwave